Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Corsets


If there's one thing I enjoy making, it's a corset. There's something about the precision sewing and turn of cloth that excites my creativity. This example is one of my funky offerings. It combines cut velvet and jacquard fabrics to create a great look. I combined a traditional Victorian corset pattern with straps to make an evening bodice. My model wears it with jeans, but it would look fantastic with a full skirt and a bit of lace.

The effect of the Victorian shaping is a nice cinching of the waistline and support of the bosom. I've had clients wear these with lace t-shirts which look fabulous.

My current creation is a turquoise silk corset, which will be laced with purple ribbon. Sumptuous. I've been asked to make custom corsets for a couple of people this year already and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: