Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Silk gown for sale

I have listed the 1885 wedding gown I've created on my Etsy store, which sells my art works. Please check it out. If you know any brides looking for a unique vintage style gown, please point them this way!


Can you see yourself in this dream of a gown? It steps right out of the pages of history. It is a reproduction of an 1885 wedding gown, worn by Alice Abbot, daughter of John Abbott, Canada's first Canadian-born Prime Minister.

This gown is 100% silk brocade. I used antique (c.1885) linen lace on the front and sleeves, hand made braided flowers on the back waist. There are small pendants on the back, with pearls strung between the flower motifs. Each motif took hours to make by hand. The pendants are hand made with polymer clay.


The train is detachable, revealing an A-line skirt with a small train. The train is about 3' long. The train is lined in satin, with an organza and lace dust ruffle.


The outfit is made with authentic details, including an underskirt and cage bustle. There are bones in the bodice, which shapes the figure beautifully. I can send more pictures, if you want to see the bustle or dust ruffle.


Fits bust size 36" and waist size 25-27".


This gown was created in my haute couture workshop, which is smoke -free. It truly is one-of-a-kind.





No comments: